At Apnée Santé we’re open and welcoming, but not to bacteria and viruses!
In the age of COVID-19, hygiene’s a bigger concern than ever, so we’re sharing some tips to keep your CPAP sanitary and keep yourself healthy.
We even have an exciting new offer to help!
Tip #1: Use UV light to disinfect your CPAP and kill viruses
We know good hygiene is vital to staying healthy. Along with washing your hands, social distancing and wearing a mask in close quarters, you should also be disinfecting your CPAP daily. Soap and water work, but the Lumin-UV CPAP cleaner makes it easy for you to sanitize your equipment every day, without all the splashing and the drying time. Five minutes is all it takes!
- 99% of viruses similar to COVID-19 have been shown to be terminally vulnerable to UV light after just 30 seconds of exposure.
- A 5-minute cycle in the Lumin CPAP Cleaner destroys over 99% of harmful bacteria and viruses in your CPAP, giving you the peace of mind of knowing you’re getting a safer, healthier sleep.
- What’s more, the Lumin can sterilize other frequently used items – think cell phones, toothbrushes, cloth masks, car keys and more.
Our goal is to make cleaning your equipment as easy and affordable as can be. Since the Lumin UV-C cleaner isn’t usually covered by private insurance, we’re offering one FREE with the purchase of a Premium Package CPAP and mask at regular price. That’s a $325 value at no charge!
Tip #2: Replace your CPAP supplies regularly
To make the most of your sleep therapy, you should replace your CPAP accessories regularly. It’ll help reduce issues like leaks from aging masks, and keep your machine running efficiently. At the same time, you’ll lower the risk of accumulating bacterial or fungal growth.
Insurance covers CPAP supplies yearly. Check out the CPAP replacement schedule and allow us to check with your insurance provider to see what they will cover (for free!). Click below to get started.
Tip #3: Get a good night’s sleep
Wait, wasn’t sleep the whole point? Of course!
Getting a good night’s sleep is obviously important for your energy levels and ability to focus, but it’s also one of the best ways to fight infection.
Your immune system relies on proper sleep to work at its best, so simply being well rested lowers your risk of infection by viruses like COVID-19.
Apnée Santé carries the latest and best in CPAP technology, making it easier to make the most of your sleep therapy.
All our machines include key features like:
- Advanced comfort: Humidifiers and heated tubes to keep you breathing comfortably.
- Auto-titration: Sounds titillating, but really it’s just a fancy term for “self-adjusting.” The CPAP machines we offer can automatically adjust their pressure to suit your needs.
- Remote monitoring: So our respiratory therapist gets alerted if your CPAP isn’t working at its best, and they can help you out.
- Expiratory pressure relief: To reduce pressure when you breathe out to avoid mask leaks.
Tip #4: Get a battery backup
It’s a simple fact of life in our tough Quebec climate that once in a while the power gets interrupted. To make sure your sleep isn’t, we recommend having a CPAP battery by your side. Just plug into the wall through the battery, and it will automatically take over if regular power fails so your CPAP keeps running and you get the sleep you need.
In case of a longer power failure, the Medistrom Pilot-24 or Pilot-12 CPAP Battery can provide you with all the power you need for up to 2 nights of continuous use (in spite of their small size).